Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Fast And The Furious............

I cannot begin this post except by saying that today I had the misfortune of dealing with three absolute PRICKS (BASTARDS ..or any other expletives you care to supply are welcome..I have a limited vocabulary when it comes to this..)

So what's the big deal about that, you ask?? Well, these were'nt your run of the mill assholes..These were ,the very low down , absolute pits , scum of the earth kind of creatures. As you can see, I'm boiling with rage. But that is of no consequence since I think I am fully justified in being so.

I think for the first time in my life , I AM APPALLED. Absolutely and completely shocked out of my wits by how abysmally people can behave. And I thought I was worldly wise.Boy , was I wrong or what?

Perhaps , It might be better if I moved on to the cause of my anger rather than stagnate with how angry I am. So here's what happened. This friend of mine and I were on our way back from IITM's Saarang around 4 in the afternoon. And we were driving back towards MountRoad. Most people , familiar with madras roads will know that you've got to go through Kotturpuram and down Chamier's Road . Now at the signal there , there are crossroads , so one can go straight down , turn right or turn left. And we were planning to go straight down Chamier's Road , so we stuck to the middle lane. As it happened there was this piece of trash driving an Indica( not like that's of any consequence but anyway) who obviously could'nt use his cerebrum enough to decide which way he wanted to go. So first he goes and ensconces himself in the lane to turn right , and the cars are lined bumper to bumper and this asshole has a change of mind ,decides that he now wants to go straight. So what does our hero (read Brainless twit) do?

Since there are cars behind and infront of him , leaving no room for much navigation , he cuts a sharp left such that half his engine juts out into the middle lane where we are proceeding to go forward. He does this all of a sudden , no intimation , no horn , nothing. And since the signal was on for us to go straight we must have been driving around 40 Kmph or so. Which is not at all fast.. And when that bastard swerved into our path we had to screech to a halt to prevent from banging into him.

Does the fucker apologize?? NOOOOO… He glares at us and mutters some crap about how girls can’t drive , to which my rather hot-headed friend who was driving replied with a rather audible Fuck You.

And it was’nt all that loud either. But the occupants of the car seemed to have heard it. Now , We know that it ain’t the best thing in the world to swear so loudly on the road. Especially when women are traveling alone. And many people may think that we got what we deserved …But what the hell??? That creep made the mistake , he should have either apologized, but perhaps that’s asking for too much from someone minus a brain and eyes, or he should have just backed off without muttering some crap about my friend’s driving skills.

If I had’nt been there to intervene and tell her to shut up , she’d have said a whole lot more that fuck you. So, I am glad I was around. Next thing we know , the guy screams: “what the hell did you say , you bitch” And he craps some nonsense and tells us to “fucking pull over” ..He wants to talk to us , we figure. Now , my friend and I got MAD. Seriously , big time furious. I mean the fucker has the audacity to swerve into our path then threatens us . Who the hell did he think he was. Or rather who the hell did he think we were…that we were gonna be bullied easily..???

Anyway, we moved past the signal and onto chamiers road and the asshole followed us all the way down that road. He pulled up beside us twice, both times , we rolled up our windows and ignored him at my request. My friend was fuming. She was screaming expletives (But since the windows were up they could’nt hear much , only sense that we were pissed off.) And I shared her sentiments , but it does’nt exactly help to get mad in such a situation and so far it was perfectly within our control to keep everything cool. So , I told her to shut up and not say a word.

So first, the guy drives past us on the left and screams some crap which I tried not to listen to and my friend , well she was an idiot, she tells me , “We’re stopping at the next cop’s ok?? If these guys try anything smart, I’m gonna screw their happiness. Take down their license plates” Me , the great pacifier. I convinced her that it was’nt necessary and all that and that they’d probably just get tired of following us and since we’d just filled up petrol we could drive around for miles.

These guys were obviously mightily pissed off. I guess , their male ego could’nt take it that they were dished out expletives by a girl. Personally , I don’t see what the fuss is all about , You drive like a retard , You get cussed at , You cuss back. End of story.

Anyway, so we drive on and then come to the signal to turn onto Mount Road , A place swarming with cops and having traffic signals every 200 mts or so. It is the biggest and longest road and it runs right across , through madras. So, even if those guys were mad with us , it would be so very very stupid to try and bully two girls in a car when there were three men in their car. In madras , All one needs to do is pull up at the nearest cop’s and tell him that three guys in a car are bullying you and if need be , start crying. That’s it . Then those guys have really had it. [Ofcourse, personally I think that’s wrong but I was told this by my street savvy and yet hot tempered friend who claimed that there was nothing these guys could do in broad daylight to us without getting into very big shit.]

(I wish she would realise that there are some guys who do stuff without thinking or caring about the consequences so for the most part it's better to just say sorry and apologize even if it's not really your fault and get on with it. Especially if you sense that you are dealing with a crazy person.)

Anyway ,She was furious and would’nt listen to me one bit about calming down and letting it go.Just when I had about convinced her that she should forget about it and not go to the cops’ those bastard pulled up at her side, parallel to our car. We had already rolled up our windows and I had locked my door , but my idiot friend and only rolled up her window and not locked her door.Which turned out be something that the guy noticed. Since we were caught in the signal , he first trying knocking on our window [knocking is putting it mildly] trying to get us to listen to him , I guess he wanted to tell us he was some big shot’s son and how dare we talk to him like that or some such rot. Since we chose to completely pretend like he did’nt exist the bastard actually stretched out his hand from his car and pulled open my friends door and tried to shove his hand through. God knows what he was trying to do. That son of a bitch.

Well ,I had kept totally quiet until then , (…believing that perhaps we ought not to have been rude in the first place…a sentiment I voiced to my friend and which got me a huge shelling about how I have no clue about these things .) but when he did that my blood boiled. And I told him that if he did’nt take his fucking hand off our door I’d just slam the door on his hand anyway . And the macho fucker that he thought he was…He was like “oh yeah??? Let’s see.” Then I was like “On second thoughts , I think let’s just go to the cops ok. See you there”.My friend hit the accelarator and we zoomed past them

Ofcourse they would have to follow , (otherwise where would be my story) and they were screaming and trying to edge their car so close to ours that we were almost jammed against the median . They were actually trying to get us to stop forcibly.Intimidation , is not something to which either of us respond well to. We were now pretty sure we wanted to totally screw those bastards.And by now all my earlier hesitation ,about the fact that maybe it was our fault too, had all disappeared . This was too much. I mean I can understand you’re angry when someone swears at you. So you swear back. You don’t chase them for two kilometers and try to ram them into the median and forcibly open their car. I’m still trying to figure what he was trying to achieve by that. Was he trying to scare us?? In which case, it was all in vain . If it was just one of us , we might have been scared ( then again , it it were just me I would rather apologize over something than have a conflict with a stranger., I don’t think it’s worth my time and energy) But the two of us together , and my friend being pretty fearless , we were more pissed off than intimidated. I wonder what he would have said , if we had listened him. That guy must have been real stupid. What the idea was with pulling open our car door, when there were cops everywhere ,I don't know. If he had been seen ,or reported, he could get booked for eve teasing and a whole bunch of stuff.And he’d get solidly screwed unless he was some politico’s kin.


Anyway, then , we got onto mount road properly , I noticed my friend was shivering with rage , Boy…I have never seen her angry and it was more scary than those guys who were chasing us movie style. She was swearing in Tamil and Hindi and English and I was shocked. I knew she wasn’t exactly a prude , But this. Wow.

We pulled up next to a cop and we were about to stop when we saw a guy that my friend knew , he was on his bike so we motioned to him to pullover and he was equally shocked to see my friend so agitated. Anyway , so we told him that those creeps had tried to bully and intimidate us and all that. And he wanted to know which those guys were , Just then they sort of cruised past really slowly and my friend she pointed to the cop standing nearby and gesticulated.warning them that if they tried anything , we’d definitely not take it. Also since there was a guy who was with us. Well , I suppose , if nothing else , those bastards could see that we were’nt “poor , defenseless girls” anymore. So they waited a while , and then realizing that we were probably gonna go to the cops they decided it would be better if they just pushed off. And so they did.

I really regret not taking down their license plate numbers.Anyway, If ever something like this happens I know what to do. Lol..

Moral of the story: Don't swear aloud in public. It's just not worth the trouble it can cause.

P.S : I apologize for the bad language. I cannot claim to never swear. I do. (Although I’ve been trying now, for a while , not to. Got to grow out of this.) To everyone that knows me, I guess you’re not surprised . To everyone whose senses I have jarred or offended . Forgive me ,That was’nt my intention. I’m just Livid.

P.P.S: Ah well...Atleast , it was an eventful day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You managed to get some curses out of my mouth as well...That's an easy task though :)

Anyways, nice way to let out your frustration. Next time you crah, wait till you reach home and click on "Create New Post" :P

Mercury said...

Praveen does that mean I swore too much or too little..?? lol..

Spring...Look who's talking... The pot calling the freaking kettle black.. Who are you ? My sweet, innocent grandmother??? lol...You should have been there...You'd have been swearing mightily too.

Anonymous said...

boy did those guys deserve any lesser
i actually sorry i couldn't do my "i'm an innocent gal being harrased by pricks" crying act.. wud have taught them a li'l more manners on the road..

Unknown said...

well....in my opinion u shud have taken those fools to the cleaners.....that would have set them straight...i cant believe u didnt do that. That would have been best. anyways hope u have cooled down by now. anyways nice to see some activity here...keep the entries coming.

Unknown said...

Mercury,
It means you swore too much here and too lil there :)