Sunday, April 06, 2008

Eulogy

I was thinking of you just a few days ago Chubby. Wondering what you were upto, what your plans were. If you were going to the U.S.. I was sure it was something interesting..

It's too bad I didn't know you better. You were always there, one of the crowd of 'kids' my brother hung out with, too soft to be heard but impossible to ignore. You had such a quiet sense of confidence about you. And the loveliest smile. Your earnest eyes sparkled behind those tiny frames you wore - I remember that really well. You had the gentlest of manners, so polite and respectful - we could all have learned a thing or two from you.

Calm and so very intelligent too, I remember thinking every now and then how lucky my brother was to have you around. I haven't spoken to you in two years and the last time I saw you I could only think how little you'd changed since school and how nice that was. None of the boyish immaturity about you- I wish I had known you better. I was so completely and utterly shaken when my brother told me this afternoon.I can't seem to internalize it.. How completely unfair life is, how fragile , how fleeting, how tragic.

Everyone you came across was touched by the wonderful person you were and you will be missed so very much by all of us that were lucky enough to know you.

You will always be in my thoughts and your family in my prayers. Rest in peace.

3 comments:

rangr said...

Hi Mercury,

Nice to find your blog and nice to know meet up with another mercury. Good Blog, but the text is difficult to read because of the background.

Mercury said...

>>Mercury : Likewise! Does everyone keep asking you as well why that's your username.. ? :D

My apologies, am in the process of changing somethings around with my layout.. Will definitely keep it in mind - to make the text easier to read.. Thanks.

kyamaloom said...

You write good.