Monday, November 28, 2005

Little Packets Of Old Emotion

I found this shelved somewhere in the cobwebbed corners of my harddrive. It took me back a year in time. So much has changed since then. And yet as I read these two hurriedly scribbled bits, I recollect exactly how I felt when I wrote this... I have no names for these little packets of old emotion. Whoever imagined they'd stay so fresh.

Anyway, I felt like putting something up.. So here it is..


So he came for me, we had our laughs
And then, it got dark, it was time to go
So I watched, as slowly, his silhouette faded.

The bitter taste of resentment lingers.

-------------

That's where that train of thought ended... In retrospect, I can see they were my efforts at being cynical and nonchalant..

--------------

The world I used to know,
My haven...My little corner
The one you found me in...
The one you made me emerge from..

Disappeared...

My world became you..
The centre and the focus
My escape, my comfort,
My refuge from reality

So,nightly, I climbed my faraway tree
and met you, my moonface, on top
we climbed together the ladder
to reach our enchanted world.

It was Shortlived.
You realised we did'nt belong .

But I had already plunged
Right in..Into the sea of delusion
Convinced of everything "us"

But , eventually, time’s current
Dragged me back..
Onto the shores of reality

13 comments:

Mercury said...

Thank You..

andy said...

the sea of delusion, the current of time, the shore of reality.. nice.
However "S"hortlived was slightly jarring..

Mercury said...

>>Andy: Right you are.. It was not intended to be like that.The results of a last minute edition.It should have been "s"hortlived,besides,I don't particularly even like that bit myself..But was'nt too sure how to change it.. And did'nt want to either..

andy said...

oh.. though no poet myself, i appreciate the momentary lapse of the consciousness that poetry is and wouldnt dare to suggest any omission or alteration of an original composition :)

the Monk said...

nice poem...sometimes it feels good to read old stuff u've written, like emails, blogs, etc...

Sthupit Girl said...

i've read it 4 times. and it still seems...beautiful.

you wrote that??

I remember reading the Faraway tree and abt Moonface... i love the way you've put them into the poem.

thanks for posting it.

Mercury said...

Yes I did write it preetika, thanks... I'm glad you think it's nice.. And even more glad you made the association!

- Ubiquitous - said...

Super!

The windmills of your mind churned out sweet thoughts, sweeter memories, sweetest words..

Anonymous said...

awesome....good one..
keep writing...

Anonymous said...

hey! start writing again :)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! whirlpool refrigerator filter celexa Per click pay marketing ppc strategy promotion Zip disk not formatted recover files erotic lingerie valium winsor pilates free christmas card graphics ultram Lasik surgery cost in canada home interior decor