Wednesday, October 20, 2004

He's Just Not That Into You!!!


I don’t think I’m gonna be able to do justice to this by myself considering I have’nt.. uh..shall we say.. had too much experience …(although ;) I have had some…and for those of u who knw me...don't u dare laugh...lol)
My Experiences (or the lack of it) aside …what I really want is for everyone to enjoy this post in all it’s honesty. So I am gonna go against my usual rule and just reproduce some excerpts from what I believe is a very honest and tell-all book about Men and their attitudes towards the women they date. I was extremely intrigued when I saw the Oprah show that featured this book and it piqued my curiosity since it seemed to advocate and suggest a lot of what I myself have come to realize.(by observing the follies of those around me…that’s why I could manage so much hard reality…lol…one is never good at analyzing one’s own life…except in hindsight)

Infact the reason I was so interested in it was because I seemed to share almost exactly the same views (ah…well atleast there are some benefits to having lots of guy friends and being interested in what people think…lol…but u guys…ofcourse not…u are also great fun...especially when I want to win an argument …lol..or do I just have dumb friends..lol…ok ok just kidding…pls don’t kill me) anyway .. I have been told politely several times (and once not so politely…) to just ‘cork it’ about my theories…lol… (well what can I say…no one likes it when they ask u for your opinion and u tell them what u really think…even though they begin with ..
”u know , I really want to know what u think …blah blah…”)

Ofcourse that includes me…I have recently come to understand the short term benefits of being deluded….well if not benefits...comforts atleast….Unfortunately , I suppose , We rarely ever want the truth , especially if it’s harsh ,we just want to hear what we want to hear . (profound na?...i know..i was going for that..lol..)
Well…ha! And double ha! See…now somebody actually writes a book about it…and I actually came up with quite a bit of this by my self…lol…(how clever of me..lol…)
well all u women who disagreed with me…I was right…ok, yeah i know , a book is not like a scientific theory with proof and all but come on…enough no. of people have to agree with the contents of a book for it to be published…so…lol..

Anyway before I keep rambling and get off track …without further ado…let me unveil for you…six magic words that will set u free..( because as Oprah Dramatically insisted…THE TRUTH SETS U FREE…ha ha ha…and in this case…causes u heartache too…!!)

HE’S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

The Following is an excerpt from the first chapter… and the rest of chapter one can be found here

The first chapter is written as a series of agony aunt style questions and the replies that Greg and Liz write back. Here’s the first one..


Dear Greg,
I'm so disappointed. I have this friend that I've known platonically for about ten years. He lives in a different city and recently he was in town for work, so we met for dinner. All of a sudden it felt like we were on a date. He was completely flirting with me. He even said to me, as he was checking me out, "So, what, you're working the whole 'model thing' now?" (That's flirting, right?) We both agreed that we should get together again soon. Well, Greg, I'm disappointed because it's been two weeks and he hasn't called me. Can I call him? He might be nervous about turning the friendship into romance. Can't I give him a nudge now? Isn't that what friends are for?
Jodi

Dear Friendly Girl,

Two weeks is two weeks, except when it's ten years and two weeks. That's how long ago he decided whether or not he could date a model or a girl who looks like one. Can you be a pal and give him a nudge? Sure…Nudge away, -- but watch how fast that nudge doesn't get a return phone call. And if your dinner/date did feel different to him, it's been two weeks and he's had time to think about it and decide he's just not that into you. Here's the truth: Guys don't mind messing up a friendship if it could lead to sex, whether it be a "fuck buddy" situation or a meaningful romance. Go find someone that lives in your zip code who will be rocked to the core by your deep conversation and model looks.

I hate to tell you, but that whole "I don't want to ruin the friendship" excuse is a racket. It works so well because it seems so wise. Sex could mess up a friendship. Unfortunately, in the entire history of mankind, that excuse has never ever been used by someone who actually means it. If we're really excited about someone, we can't stop ourselves -- we want more. If we're friends with someone and attracted to them, we're going to want to take it further. And please, don't tell me he's just "scared." The only thing he's scared of -- and I say this with a lot of love -- is how not attracted to you he is and how he’s going to communicate that to you.

//And here I was thinking I’d only highlight those things I thought to be very interesting and very true!!!!

Well u can read the rest of the chapter in the other post. Well as you can probably make out… I was really enthusiastic about this and ran a search online (Vishnu…I know what u’re thinking buddy…heights of joblessness!! Lol…and that I am turning into an I.V) well the results of my search were pretty interesting.

Infact , and this is much to my dismay , I found a lot of people had written blogs about this. So I spent quite a while just reading them. After a while they started getting repetitive though .

So how is mine any different… well it is’nt! Only that I’m hoping that none of you guys have read any of those other blogs so it might entertain u atleast a little. And for the guys…come on…all this stuff is true...and it is funny…if u’re not at the receiving end like us , u should be able to see it. So know that u’re secret has been revealed or rather your language has been decoded. You should be glad. Finally women might learn to take a hint. Or do u like for us to obsess about u and languish in the misery thereafter????

well just don’t get all uppity and deny that members of your sex can be well…assholes, sometimes .(I so badly wanted to avoid using that word…lol...alas, I have failed!!)

Since this post is already very long and I have been repeatedly told that my posts are too long. I’m gonna split it up into two parts. To make easier reading.

No comments: