Sunday, April 27, 2008

When I Stop To Think Of You, I See....

-
The picture of your exquisite neck
and the ebony tresses
carelessly tracing your waist

The picture of your painted toes
and epicurean hips
sprawled sensuously over my leather lounge

The picture of your limousine eyelashes
and the curve of your spine
curled gracefully in dreamless slumber

The picture of your caramel skin
and delicate fingers
crushing cigarettes into marble tops

The picture of your dissatisfied lips
and downcast eyes
staring vacantly into a tea cup

The picture of your sorry smile
and pointed heels
walking deliberately away from me



P.S : Admittedly, limousine eyelash is a stolen phrase.. But I just couldn't resist it.

2 comments:

Preeti Sharma said...

Loved the imagery in this poem - it's a very visual piece.

Mercury said...

Muchas Gracias :)