Monday, April 30, 2007

Pride and Joy!


At long last, after many many searches in flea markets high and low : I managed to find an original 1975 copy of the Bridge over troubled water LP in a second hand store for 3 euros. What a find! I'm almost too happy for words. Evidently.

Simon and Garfunkel are one of my favourite artistes of all time and this is my favourite album of theirs. I only wish now I had a gramophone to listen to the record. But in the meanwhile, It's going to be my centrepiece - my pride and joy. I'll put it in my 'music room' someday when I have my own house.

Dad's going to be quite pleased to see this. His favourite songs are on it ! As are mine!

Anyhoo, I'm too thrilled for words , as aforementioned. :)

P.S : Sorry about the glare on the first picture and the yellowness of the second . The damn flash! And the damn lighting in my room!





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally I been to your blog to improve my vocabulary. But it was a good post rather should say mind churing.

You don't know when your words turned somebodies life. I have heard that Russian Revolution was the aftermath of an essay written by great philosopher RUSSO after his death.

So dont stop positive writings.

shyam

Mercury said...

Why, Thank you kindly Shyam. :)

andy said...

Delectable! Just this weekend, i was being initiated into the history of gramaphones and LPs and their incredible sound as compared to the lossily compressed shit we listen to day in and out without realising how much we miss out on, quite literally.

Anonymous said...

I didnt get you.