Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm giving my mind away,
In little bits and precious pieces,
With the things I say!

Initially aimless, awkwardly conceived
Often hurried, admittedly naive
sometimes
incomplete trains
of my thoughts and impressions
don't instantly transform into coherence

Quickly, help me,
I can't seem to clot them.
The devil words, that
are born in a rush.
Too alive! They clutch and drag
and convey my just-borns away.


Gushing, oozing , struggling
the letters seep out of me.
Bleeding me
dry of opportunity,
to just stay still.
And perhaps even dwell a little
Longer?.

Long enough to introduce myself.
Too late , they are gone.

And I'm left standing there
staring after my run-aways,
[stamped, in retrospect, definitively : Mine!]
the orphaned parent,
betrayed and unsure
but aware of clocks ticking
and creativity leaking
slowly out of her.

Wondering where,
and whether, to begin again.

7 comments:

andy said...

lovely poem..

Mercury said...

Thank you..

Written, heartfelt, in the recurrent despair of a long standing plight..

But yesterday "I took the time to make them mine" .. Well, atleast I tried!

andy said...

captures teh plight of the orphaned parent quite wonderfully. now it hits me harder than ever how beautifully well we can express some things through poetry when all the prose in the world doesnt seem to suffice! and if something were expressed beautifully it would be poetry, immaterial of rhyme or meter.

Mercury said...

Well, I've long given up on rhyme and meter.. It does not come to me naturally and I don't like to try too hard - it just ends up sounding too contrived for words then..

But thank you really.. And I completely agree with "if something were expressed beautifully it would be poetry.."

Ashwin Raghu said...

This is dark and urgent, and I really like how your words have captured it.

Madhuri Krishna said...

Another one of your awesome poems.
Btw , i posted a link to your blog on my page. It's ok right ?

Madhuri Krishna said...

You wouldnt believe how self involved people can get in those places. Chennai is, as I would say -'semma' cool now ..with all the malls springing up . People have newere things to do now. Before, it was a filter kaapi at ranganathan street, now it's a caffe latte at barista !
-)
And FYI , my name is madhuri !