Monday, September 25, 2006

Solitude Sucks!!

I've been indoors all day. It's so cold, my fingers are numb and I'm barely able to type. Too cold to go outside. I've been chatting, talking, sending pictures pretty much all day long . Inane activity - just to keep me occupied. I have no books to read. No tv to watch. No distraction from the loneliness staring straight at me.

The weather is depressing dark and chill. And although the morning afforded some social interaction with young stefanie and benjamin , my next door neighbours in the second storey of the two hundred year old house that is now to be my home for the next year, i'm starved for company.

I've been listening to some hindi music. Mostly because it reminds me of home.

I feel terribly alone.

5 comments:

potatopeelings said...

not to b a pessimist, but did u know it gets even worse in winter? all the penguins come and keep ringing the bell and then run away.

Mercury said...

>>Potato : Firstly, thanks a lot for the gyan.. Had completely forgotten all about those rotten scoundrel penguins!!

Oh and yes, I did know about it getting worse.. But hopefully I would have settled in a little more. Everything is so alien here. Not that I didn't know that it would be like that , just that it hits you as a shock anyway.

Thirdly, Nice to know you still visit my blog.. I am pleased and honoured.. :)

San said...

I ask myself far too often,
Why is this life so full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

And here you are enjoying my dreams. Alas. Enjoy milady, 'tis time to enjoy. Atleast try...

Siddhu said...

What a freakin coincidence!! That's super!!! Where in Europe are you? And what course?

I shall be in aachen in OCtober. Spent this month working as an RA with my supervisor!

Siddhu said...

Actually, this month and the next, too - will go back only at the end of october.